PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING
To apply for a concealed pistol license at the Mount Vernon Police Department, you must be a resident within the city limits of Mount Vernon.
If you live outside the city of Mount Vernon you must apply at the Skagit County Sheriff's Office or the city police department you reside in.
Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the firearm is to be used.
In Washington State, law enforcement agencies are required to follow local, state and federal guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for issuing Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPLs). Due to the detailed nature involved in conducting these background checks, processing times can take up to 30 days (up to 60 days for applicants residing out of state). You will be notified when all required background checks have been completed.
If you reside within the city of Mount Vernon, or are a resident of another state, you may apply for a CPL at the Mount Vernon Police Department. If you are a county resident, you may apply to the local law enforcement agency (Sheriff's Office) in the jurisdiction of where you reside.
- For an ORIGINAL CPL, you will be asked to schedule a fingerprint appointment.
- If you are applying for a CPL RENEWAL, you may not apply until 90 days prior to the expiration date shown on your current CPL.
- LATE RENEWAL applications will be accepted up to 90 days after the expiration date shown on the current CPL.
- If you are a city of Mount Vernon or an out of state resident and your Washington State CPL is lost, stolen or destroyed, you may apply for a REPLACEMENT CPL from the Mount Vernon Police Department regardless of where your CPL was originally issued.
|Type of Permit
- For credit card transactions a nominal credit card transaction fee will be charged for each transaction. Charges will be viewable prior to transaction completion.
- Fingerprinting is required for an original Concealed Pistol License. Appointments for fingerprinting are generally available on Wednesdays only, excluding legal holidays
- Click the appropriate button on the left of the screen to proceed with an application for a Concealed Pistol License.
Please note that this website is optimized for IE 9.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.